The co-conveners of the ACRL Digital Scholarship Section Digital Humanities Discussion Group (DSS DHDG) invites proposals for an online symposium on digital humanities librarianship, to be held on Monday, 29 March 2021 at 12noon EST / 5pm UTC.
Presentations may address any aspect of the intersection of digital humanities and libraries, including but not limited to:
- Librarian-led digital humanities projects
- Evaluation/assessment of DH librarianship
- Development of library services
- DH librarianship across the library or collaboration among different library units in support of a project or service
- Sunsetting digital projects
- Instruction or consultation best practices
- Collaborating at the creation of a digital humanities program at your institution
- Success strategies for DH outreach to instructors or other stakeholders less knowledgeable or even wary of the discipline
Presentations should be 12-15 minutes in length, but shorter lightning talks or project presentations will also be considered.
Proposals should include name, job title, institution, email address, and brief presentation proposal (250 words maximum). ACRL and DSS membership is not required in order to present.
Submissions are due by 19 February 2021, at https://bit.ly/35UKLkz.
Questions can be directed to John Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org