The LIS Education and Data Science Integrated Network Group (LEADING) is accepting applications for 2021 cohort of fellows. As per the website, “The LEADING project scales-up the highly successful LEADS-4-NDP initiative and will prepare a diverse, nation-wide cohort of 50 LIS doctoral students and early to mid-career librarians for data science endeavors.”
LEADING fellows receive a stipend in exchange for approximately 10 to 15 hours of work per week over a six month period, working under a mentor at one of the group’s member node projects. The fellowship includes:
- Online preparatory curriculum (Approximately 10 hours, May 2021)
- Intensive 4-day data science boot camp at Drexel University with other LEADING fellows, June 2021 (*accommodations and COVID-19 adjustments possible)
- Development of communication plan to connect with mentors on a regular basis
- Six-month virtual data science internship coordinated with one of our LEADING Mentors. See member node project descriptions below.
- Development of research output: in the form of papers, posters, and presentations
Applications are due March 15, 2021.