Texas Digital Library (TDL) and the conference planning committee are now accepting proposals for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries 2021, which will take place virtually on May 24-27, 2021.
From the call:
For over a decade, the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries has covered topics relevant to the creation, promotion, and preservation of research, scholarship, and cultural heritage digital materials.
TCDL brings together those working on digital projects — including outreach and liaison librarians, repository managers, archivists, catalogers, faculty members, technical staff, students, and others — in order to build a practical, usable, and sustainable model for digital libraries. This year by sharing what we have worked on with each other through presentations, posters, games, and lively discussions, we can continue the legacy of being together although we are far apart.
We encourage submissions from students, scholars, and professionals in all career or study levels, representing themselves, public and private organizations, and institutions from Texas and beyond.
The following are some broad areas the committee hopes to see covered at TCDL 2021:
- Perspectives featuring underrepresented communities/narratives in digital libraries
- Creation, promotion, preservation, or management of digital projects/assets
- Software creation or innovative use
- Application development
- Copyright, institutional repositories, or other Digital Scholarship topics
- Open Access, Open Education, or other Open initiatives
- Collaborations across departments, schools, or institutions
- Integration of digital means into new spaces
- Digital preservation topics
- Rights, reuse, or risk management
- Analytics and assessment of digital library collections
- Accessibility issues related to digital libraries
- (Re)framing traditional roles and identities
- For more inspiration, browse previous years’ successful proposals: https://www.tdl.org/tdl-events/tcdl/
Presentations, lightning talks, virtual posters, workshops, and roundtable discussions are formats that will be considered. The proposal deadline is January 29, 2021. Submit here.