EDUCAUSE, a community of IT leaders and professionals working together to tackle challenges and leverage opportunities that are constantly evolving within higher education, released its 2020 Horizon Report: Teaching and Learning Edition. As the announcement explains, “This report profiles key trends and emerging technologies and practices shaping the future of teaching and learning and envisions a number of scenarios and implications for that future. It is based on the perspectives and expertise of a global panel of leaders from across the higher education landscape.”
This year’s report includes:
- An environmental scan of trends
- An exploration of Emerging Technologies & Practices, including adaptive learning, AI/machine learning, UX design, and OER
- Possible scenarios for postsecondary teaching and learning
- Implications for what we do now
- A mind map visualization of key concepts found within the report
While the report is not explicitly geared to academic libraries, Digital Humanities librarians will likely find the report of use for their own work, particularly their DH pedagogy.