The Research Data Access & Preservation Association (RDAP) has released a CFP for their 2020 summit, to be held March 11th through 13th in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The theme for RDAP 2020 is “Connecting Through Data”: “We encourage attendees to consider how different communities are impacted by our systems, technology, values, and practices, who our communities are by and for, and to look at data services through a critical lens.”
Suggested proposal topics include:
- Connections between higher education, the broader public, industry, government and other research data stakeholders.
- Connections between groups within an organization or institution.
- How connections have improved lives, especially when data was used for advocacy or change.
- How these connections have changed the careers of data professionals.
- How these connections have changed a field and/or industry.
Proposals are due November 1, 2019.
This post was produced through a cooperation between Lynnee Argabright, Hannah Hopkins, Manika Lamba, Megan Martinsen, Hillary Richardson, Summer Shetenhelm, and Shu Wan (Editors-at-large for the week), Caitlin Christian-Lamb (Editor for the week), and Nickoal Eichmann-Kalwara, Linsey Ford, Pamella Lach, and Ian Goodale (dh+lib Review Editors).