The Software Preservation Network (SPN) has posted all seven episodes of the Code of Best Practices and Other Legal Tools for Software Preservation webinar series on its website. Episodes include:
- The Code of Best Practices for Fair Use in Software Preservation, Why and How?
- Beginning the Preservation Workflow
- Making Software Available Within Institutions and Networks
- Working with Source Code and Software Licenses
- Understanding the Anti-circumvention Rules and the Preservation Exemptions
- Making the Code Part of Software Preservation Culture
- International Implications
These episodes are not only timely for Preservation Week, but also great resources for thinking about sharing and preserving open software code and data.
This post was produced through a cooperation between Lynnsey Weissenberger, Kathia Ibacache, Martin Spenger, and Megan Adams (Editors-at-large for the week), Linsey Ford (Editor for the week), and Caitlin Christian-Lamb, Nickoal Eichmann-Kalwara, Ian Goodale, and Pamella Lach (dh+lib Review Editors).