The Digital Library Federation invites proposals for the 2019 DLF Forum (October 14-16) and Learn@DLF (October 13), our pre-conference workshop day, which will be held at the beautiful Water Street Marriott in Tampa, Florida. A separate call will be issued for Digital Preservation 2019, the annual conference of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (October 16-17, 2019). Submissions from members and nonmembers are welcome. Students, practitioners, affiliated and independent scholars, and others from any related field are invited to submit for one conference or all three (though, different proposals for each, please).
From the call for proposals:
Submissions in the following areas are welcome:
- Collections and resources;
- Technologies, infrastructure and/or vendor relations;
- Services and programs;
- Policy and legal issues;
- Project management, including workflows and processes;
- Labor, staffing, and the future of work;
- Education and/or professional development;
- Social contexts and ethics;
- Other DLF community missions and priorities.
We depend on you to propose action-oriented topics geared toward a practitioner audience, considering aspects of design, labor/staffing, social context and responsibility, leadership, collaboration, implementation, and assessment.
Submissions are invited in the following lengths and formats:
- At Learn@DLF, our pre-conference workshop day on October 13: 3-hour Workshops
- At the DLF Forum, October 14-16: 55-minute Panels, 55-minute Workshops, 18-minute Presentations, Snapshot 7×7 (new this year!), 90-second Lightning Talks, Breakfast/Lunch Working Sessions
Proposals are due by Sunday, April 28, at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Submissions will be peer-reviewed. See the full call for proposals for more details.