Organizers of the Digital Diasporas conference have released a call for proposals for the event, scheduled for June 6–7, 2019 at the School of Advanced Study, University of London. Areas of interest include:
- Social media and migration focused research;
- Multilingualism and digitally mediated communications;
- Histories of the internet and web archives research;
- Ethnographies of the internet and uses of digital technologies (including research combining offline-online methods);
- Digital media, cultural and visual studies;
- Digital and diasporic cultural memory;
- Digitally mapping and visualising migrations and diasporic networks, with attention to ethical and political concerns.
Abstracts for 20-minute presentations and 5–7 minute lightning talks are due December 1, 2018.