Submissions are open for the 2018 Connected Past conference, scheduled for December 6–7 in Oxford, UK. From the call:
We welcome submissions of abstracts on the topic of spatial and temporal network approaches. We particularly welcome abstracts that address the challenges posed by the use of or apply network approaches in historical/archaeological research contexts, welcoming case studies drawn from all periods and places. Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Spatial networks
- Temporal networks
- Archaeological network research
- Historical network research
- Missing and incomplete data in archaeological and historical networks
- What kinds of data can archaeologists and historians use to reconstruct past networks and what kinds of issues ensue?
- Formal network analysis vs qualitative network approaches: pros, cons, potential, limitation
Proposals are due May 14, 2018.