sx archipelagos has issued a call for papers for a special section, “Slavery in the Machine,” guest edited by Jessica Marie Johnson:
This special section aims to highlight scholarship situated at the intersection of technology and hemispheric American slavery. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- black code studies through a hemispheric lens
- plantation societies and the socio-technics of enslavement
- digital archives of slavery
- representations of slavery on the open web or social media
- cultural analytics and slavery
Abstracts are due April 16.
This post was produced through a cooperation between
Emily Esten, Kevin Gunn, Anna Kijas, and Eric Olson (Editors-at-large for the week), Roxanne Shirazi (Editor for the week), and Caitlin Christian-Lamb, Nickoal Eichmann-Kalwara, Sarah Melton, and Patrick Williams (dh+lib Review Editors).