The Praxis Network, a loosely affiliated group of institutions using digital humanities to “rethink the nature of student training, campus partnerships, and pedagogy,” has issued a call for proposals for a DH Pedagogy and Praxis Roundtable, to be held at Digital Humanities 2018 (June 26–29, Mexico City).
Possible topics include:
- What is the state of digital humanities education today, at the undergraduate or graduate level?
- What changes does digital humanities pedagogy propose to undergraduate or graduate training and professionalization?
- What can innovative models for digital humanities pedagogy at the undergraduate level teach us?
- If a graduate of a Praxis Network program or a like-minded institution, what was your experience like?
- How have the Praxis Network programs changed in the past five years? What worked? What did not?
- Why praxis as an approach to pedagogy? Why not?
- What other models exist for student training that we can surface?
- What might collaborations look like among like-minded programs that center praxis?
Proposals are due October 1st.