The 2017 Forum of the Library Information and Technology Association will be held in Denver, Colorado from November 9-12, 2017. From their call for proposals:
The Forum Committee welcomes proposals for full-day preconferences, concurrent sessions, workshops, or poster sessions related to all types of libraries: public, school, academic, government, special, and corporate. Collaborative, hands-on, and interactive concurrent sessions, such as panel discussions, hands-on practical workshops, or short talks followed by open moderated discussions, are especially welcomed. We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, the LGBTQA+ community and people with disabilities.
The Submission deadline is Friday May 19, 2017.
- Proposals could relate to, but are not restricted to, any of the following topics:
- Discovery, navigation, and search
- Practical applications of linked data
- Library spaces (virtual or physical)
- User experience
- Emerging technologies
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Open content, software, and technologies
- Assessment, analytics, and metrics
- Systems integration
- Hacking the library
- Scalability and sustainability of library services and tools
- Consortial resource and system sharing
- “Big Data” — work in discovery, preservation, or documentation
- Library I.T. competencies
- Diversity in library technology
- Technology Leadership and Administration
Proposals may cover projects, plans, ideas, or recent discoveries. We accept proposals on any aspect of library and information technology. The committee particularly invites submissions from first time presenters, library school students, and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This post was produced through a cooperation between Leigh Bonds, Theresa Burress, Jason Mickel, Jennifer Newman, Susan Powelson, Jordan Sly, Elizabeth Tegeler, and Dan Tracy (Editors-at-large for the week), Roxanne Shirazi (Editor for the week), and Caitlin Christian-Lamb, Caro Pinto and Patrick Williams (dh+lib Review Editors).