Suggestion submission topics include:
- the transatlantic, collaborative, and/or interdisciplinary possibilities and limitations of digital technologies in the Caribbean
- metaphorical linkages between the digital and such Caribbean philosophical, ethical, and aesthetic concepts as “submarine unity,” the rhizome, Relation, the spiral, repeating islands, creolization, etc.
- gendered dimensions of the digital in the Caribbean
- the connection between digital technologies and practices of the so-called Caribbean folk
- specific engagements with digital spaces and/or theories by individual Caribbean artists and intellectuals
- the ways in which digital technologies have impacted or shaped understandings of specific Caribbean political phenomena (e.g. sovereignty, reparations, transnationalism, migration, etc.)
- structural means of facilitating broad engagement, communication, and accessibility in the Caribbean digital context (cultivation of multilingual spaces, attentiveness to the material/hardware limitations of various populations)
- in what ways has the digital brought welcome bibliographic, philological and curatorial attention to endangered or neglected archives in the region
The deadline for proposals is July 15, 2016.