A call for proposals for the Personal Digital Archiving 2016 conference has been posted on CNI. The conference, which typically draws a wide range of archivists, librarians, scholars, activists, and hobbyists, will take place at the University of Michigan on May 12-14, 2016.
Suggested topics include:
- Personal digital archives and why they matter to individuals, communities, and organizations
- Distinctions between personal information management and the archive
- Key threats to personal digital archives
- Applying selection criteria to personal digital archives
- The digital archive during a person’s life and after death
- Management tools and techniques for personal digital archives
- Costs associated with maintaining a personal digital archive
Proposals are due Monday, December 7th.