The Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative is accepting submissions for a special issue on TEI and Materiality. Submissions are accepted in two categories: “research articles of 5,000 to 7,000 words and shorter articles reflecting new research or new tools/services of 2000-4000 words.” jTEI is a peer-reviewed, open access publication. Potential topics include:
- Conceptual and theoretical discussions of the relationship between the encoded text and the material object
- Discussion of interfaces that present details about materiality (beyond the standard combination of encoded text and facsimile page image)
- Innovative uses of the TEI Guidelines to model material aspects of the document
- Proposed new features for the TEI Guidelines that would provide further support for modeling material aspects of the text-bearing object.
- The use of TEI in combination with other standards and technologies to support the investigation of materiality