The Public Knowledge Project (PKP) is accepting proposals for its annual Scholarly Publishing Conference, to be held August 11-14, 2015 in Vancouver. Suggested topics include:
- Roles for next generation scholars, researchers, and librarians;
- Community connections and partnerships among scholarly journals, the digital humanities, and libraries;
- Open education and open learning;
- New reading and publishing technologies, e.g., innovative reader interfaces;
- Sustainability for Open: finance and beyond;
- From scholarly publishing to scholarly products, e.g. the next generation scholarly monograph;
- New approaches to assessing research outcomes and impact;
- The full research lifecycle and new linkages with scholarly publishing, e.g. research data.
Abstracts are being solicited for 5-minute lightning talks and 2-day development sprint. Deadline for submissions is May 1, 2015.