The Thirteenth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities will be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver Campus, June 17-19, 2015.
The call for papers includes a “Special Focus for 2015: From the Digital Humanities to a Humanities of the Digital”:
The conference will analyze this special focus through an interdisciplinary lens, addressing the theme through keynote speakers, garden sessions, workshops, and parallel sessions:
- The ‘digital’ as a social imaginary: exploring historical continuities and ruptures in social and cultural practices in the era of digital cultures.
- The digital within the humanities: new methods and tools for documentation, research, and representation.
- The political economy of digital humanities: e-learning, e-publishing, and the reframing of disciplines and institutions.
- Big data and little data; negotiating the public and the private.
- Open access and open cultures: developing sustainable knowledge ecologies
- Adapting methodologies and focus in the digital age: has the dust settled on the ‘digital humanities’?
- From the digital humanities, to a humanities of the digital; rebuilding the humanities in the shadow of the digital, and developing a humanities of the digital.