Proposals are currently being accepted for Data Driven: Digital Humanities in the Library. The conference, sponsored by the South Carolina Digital Library, the College of Charleston and the Charleston Conference, will be held June 20-22, 2014 in Charleston, South Carolina. Submissions are being accepted for lightning rounds (250-500 word abstract), long papers (abstract of 1500 words max), panel sessions (approximately 500-word overview), and pre-conference workshops and tutorials (overview of 1500 words max). Topic for discussion include
- Digital scholarship
- Humanities & library collaborations on DH projects
- GIS and/or data visualization projects
- Text mining & data analysis
- Digital humanities librarianship
- Digital project management
- Knowledge lifecycle, including production & collaboration
- Creating or using tools & services for the production, editing and/or analysis of DH data
- Metadata and linked data in DH
The deadline for lightning round, paper, and panel proposals is December 1, 2013, and the deadline for workshop proposals is February 1, 2014.
The conference is under contract for publication with Purdue University Press; select authors and panelists from the conference will be offered the opportunity to contribute chapters to the monograph Data Driven: Digital Humanities in the Library.