The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) invites submissions of abstracts for its annual conference, on any aspect of the digital humanities. This includes but is not limited to:
- humanities research enabled through digital media, data mining, software studies, or information design and modeling;
- computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including electronic literature, public humanities, and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- the digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and related areas;
- the creation and curation of humanities digital resources;
- social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities
- and the role of digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
We particularly welcome submissions on interdisciplinary work and new developments in the field, and encourage proposals relating to the theme of the conference.
Presentations may include:
- posters (abstract max of 750 words);
- short papers (abstract max of 1500 words);
- long papers (abstract max of 1500 words);
- multiple paper sessions, including panels (regular abstracts + approximately 500-word overview);
- and pre-conference workshops and tutorials (proposal max of 1500 words)
The deadline for submitting poster, short paper, long paper, and sessions proposals to the international Program Committee is midnight GMT, 1 November 2013. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 7th February 2014. Workshop and pre-conference tutorial proposals are due at midnight GMT on 21st February 2014, with notice of acceptance by 17th March 2014.