The Ohio State University Libraries have announced several openings as part of its Research and Education Faculty Librarian Cohort Search, including a Digital Humanities Librarian [pdf], a Geospatial Information Librarian [pdf], and a Data Management Services Librarian [pdf].
A portion of the announcement for the Digital Humanities Librarian position is reproduced below:
Digital Humanities Librarian
- Conduct environmental scans of humanities departments in conjunction with subject librarians and special collections curators in order to identify current and emerging scholarly projects for which digital tools and methodologies are appropriate.
- Coordinate information about digital arts and humanities scholarship on campus in order to connect scholars across the disciplines and facilitate interdisciplinarity.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging digital tools and methodologies supporting humanities scholars in collaboration with Digital Initiatives.
- Provide expert consulting service to humanities scholars and students on techniques and tools that serve to advance their teaching, learning and research.
- Serve as a strategist and resource person for the Libraries on trends in the digital arts and humanities.
- Collaborate with staff managing the Libraries’ digital repository, publishing and reformatting programs, to advance the Libraries’ contributions to faculty and student research projects in the arts and humanities; work with the Head of Digital Initiatives to create strategies for collaboration, program planning, and supportfor interdisciplinary digital projects.
- Work closely with the Head of the Fine Arts Library, the Data Management Services Librarian, the Geospatial Information Librarian, and the Head of Digital Initiatives, and others in order to develop strategies focused on scholars’ digital production and curation needs.
- Create an education program for Libraries’ staff focused on digital arts and humanities topics.
- Act as subject librarian for a humanities discipline.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Preference will be given to applications received by August 5, 2013.
This post was produced through a cooperation between Kristen Andrews, Elizabeth Lorang, and Caro Pinto (Editors-at-Large for the week), Roxanne Shirazi (dh+lib review editor for the week), and Zach Coble and Sarah Potvin (site editors).