The ADHO invites applications for Publications Liaison, “a volunteer position to help increase the visibility of the association’s journals and other publications.” This would be a great opportunity for a librarian to get involved in a DH project. From the position description:
ADHO publications are primarily owned by its constituent organizations; these publications include:
- LLC. The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (a print journal whose ownership resides with ALLC/EADH);
- Digital Humanities Quarterly (an online journal whose ownership resides with ACH);
- Digital Studies/Le champ numérique (an online journal whose ownership resides with CSDH/SCHN);
- DH Commons (an online publication whose ownership resides with centerNet);
- Humanist (an online discussion group);
- Digital Humanities Questions and Answers (a community-based Q&A board whose ownership resides with ACH and ProfHacker); and
- Topics in the Digital Humanities (a monograph series);
More information about ADHO publications may be found at http://adho.org/publications.
The ADHO publications liaison would work with publishers and indexing services to ensure that ADHO publications are properly indexed, advise on metadata best practices, and recommend other discovery strategies.
Applications are due to Kathleen Fitzpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the ADHO Publications Committee, by April 15.
This post was produced through a cooperation between Kate Pitcher and Arianne Hartsell-Gundy (Editors-at-Large for the week), Sarah Potvin (Editor for the week), and Zach Coble and Roxanne Shirazi (site editors).